Friday, May 15, 2009

Slow Cooker Ribs

This was all new to me. I have never cooked baby back ribs in my life...EVER. That is why I married a man that grills, and I do love me some GS!! Anyway, I branched out and tried this recipe, and it was delicious! The ribs fell off the bone. If you like to eat ribs on the bone, this isn't for you. I am serious...these are super tender and have amazing flavor.


 Saucy Slow-Cooker Ribs


1 slab of pork baby back ribs (mine was about 2 lbs)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups of barbecue sauce
1 (8oz) jar of cherry jam
1 TBS of Dijon mustard
1/4 tps salt


Rub pepper over ribs. Cut into 2 rib portions place in slow cooker.




Combine barbecue sauce, jam, mustard, and salt in a bowl 




pour over ribs.




Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
Serve with sauce
*see previous blog post for my bbq sauce recipe*


Here is a photo of my kitchen while cooking ribs in the white crock pot, beans in the stainless crock pot and boiling eggs on the stove. I made deviled eggs to go with the ribs and beans...YUM!!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

I've been wanting to make these! Maybe I will make them next week!

Unknown said...

I had never made ribs either and this was the easiest recipe for ribs. They turned out great. I also made homemade coleslaw to pair with the ribs. YUMMY. Thanks for the recipe.