Friday, August 28, 2009

I love cakes

Crab, salmon, lobster and tuna cakes. I love fish. Salmon is my favorite. I am a huge fish person and we are branching out on the grill to try to eat more fish. Gary and I are somewhat intimidated about how to cook fish on the grill.

One of our new cooking goals is to try more yummy fish recipes. I already have one in mind that I can't wait to prepare. It has pan fried salmon with hash brown potatoes stuck to it. OMG...my mouth is watering thinking of it. Hopefully I will post it soon.

Today I am posting the Salmon cakes recipe that we have been eating once a week for about two months now. We are addicted and the best part is that the kiddos like it too. Yesterday at lunch Layla asked "What's for dinner?" and when I told her Salmon cakes...she did the happy dance...that's my girl...always anticipating the next meal ;)


Salmon Cakes

What you need:

1 can of Pink Salmon
2 cups of bread crumbs
1 medium onion finely chopped
1/4 cup of milk
2 eggs
2 Tbs of chopped parsley
1 Tbs lemon juice
salt and pepper
Olive oil for pan frying

What you should do:

Drain salmon, reserving liquid. Combine all ingredients and shape into patties about 1/2 inch thick. Add liquid if necessary to help pack the patties. Warm oil to hot and then reduce to medium heat. Pan fry until golden brown.

This is our version of Salmon cakes, and our family of four will devour each and every cake.
I don't like these left over, so that is fine by me! We love to eat them while they are hot and crispy. You could use cookie cutters to cut the cakes into fun shapes before frying...the kids will go wild!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yum! I am always trying to eat more fish since it's so healthy. Thanks for sharing!