Friday, August 14, 2009

Paula Dean approved...maybe!

This is one of my favorite comfort food dishes!
When I need a quick delicious meal this is ALWAYS the one I choose.



Chicken Spaghetti

Ingredients:

3 cups of chopped cooked chicken

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

1 can of Rotel

8 oz of Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up

12 oz spaghetti pasta, cooked and drained

Shredded cheddar cheese for topping


Directions:

Boil pasta per package instructions. Drain. Add soup, Rotel, cooked chicken and Velveeta. Place on super low heat. Stir until Velveeta is all melted and gooey pour into an 11x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes until cheddar cheese is melted. Enjoy!!

You could substitute Italian-style stewed tomatoes if Rotel is too spicy. You could also substitute cream of chicken or cream of celery soup if that is all you have in the pantry. There are so many ways to make this a yummy dinner. Our family of four can devour this meal with garlic bread in a few quick minutes.

Today is a much better day, thanks for all your encouraging words!!

TGIF :))

3 comments:

lsnellings said...

That sounds really good! My kids would never eat it though! They are of the "my food cannot touch other food or it because inedible" school of thought!

Alli said...

I love chicken spaghetti! And this recipe looks soooo easy and cheesy. Two of my favorite things!

Kelli said...

Ooh yum! I will have to try this.